Can’t find what you are looking for? If you have a significant amount of IDON, BTC, ETH or Fiat currency, discover how the Exclusive Luxury Asset Search Service can enhance your Personal Portfolio.
Title: Unexpected Pleasures (2 panels)
Year Completed: 2006
Size: 96x144 inches (243.84x365.76 cm)
Medium: Oil on canvas painting
Certificate of Authenticity? Yes
Interested in saving 10%?
Inquire now to learn how utilizing IDON can create savings of $3,400.00 on this asset.
* PRICING NOTICES:
- To receive an exact price quote, please send us an inquiry for this item.
- Entertaining offers which include a combination of IDON, Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH) and fiat currency, as well as other items of value.
- Due to the real-time value adjustment, the final IDON price for this item shall be confirmed on the date of purchase.
- Applicable taxes, fees & duties may apply.
For details, see Policies below.
Have you noticed who you are giving power to and what they might do with it? This question is at the heart Todd Williamson’s latest bodies of work. Williamson’s abstract contemporary paintings emanate symbolism rooted in his use of color and number theory combined with mysticism to convey introspection into society’s value systems today. The viewer is asked to question whom we assign power and influence to and what the ramifications will be.
He captures the essence of the tremendous power these influencers and thought provokers have in his “abstract portraits.” Original scores of music serve as an extension of the paint, amplifying emotions portrayed in the canvas. The culmination of this experience begs the question, “Why are we as a society giving this power so easily?”
Todd Williamson’s work has been seen in over 80 exhibitions worldwide. He was listed as one of the “Artists to Watch” and Art to Art Palette called him an “Artist of Many Dimensions”. Williamson’s awards include the Pollock “Prize for Creativity” 2019, Pollock Krasner Foundation Award Grant 2011/12, Curator’s Choice Award from the Micro Museum, Brooklyn NY, Best Foreign Artist Bluduemila Sporte & Arte Italy, Artistic Merit Award Art 1307, an Artistic Merit Award from the City of Naples, Italy, and two Artslant Abstract Showcase Awards.
Todd did his undergraduate work at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee, where he was Fine Arts major. Very early in his life he realized that he could not isolate visual art from other media and influences in his life. Using as a base he created paintings using a preparation of various base colors. His technique uses a straight edge created from the oil paint creating lines of distinction that signify his distinct style. These equi-spaced lines can be bars for music or lines waiting to be filled with words that will communicate the universality of arts. Then he comes back in to ‘pull the sounds from the compositions’. This was the body of work that set the style for his first solo exhibition/performance.
Williamson was a visiting artist at the American Academy in Rome ’01, the Skopelos Foundation for the Arts ’06 (Greece), the International School ’08 (Venice Italy), and Louise Bourgeois’ artist salon in 2008. He has shown with internationally recognized artists such as Ed Rusche, Jenny Holzer, Joe Mancuso, Mie Olise, Donald Lipske, Ed Moses, Laddie John Dill, and Chuck Close.
- 2019 – 58th Venice Biennale, “Processional” an installation by Todd Williamason. This was one of 20 official programs and therefore part of the Biennale and Biennale catalog.
- 2019/2020 – Pollock Prize for Creativity, Pollock Krasner Foundation NYC. I am only the 3rd artist to have been given this very prestigious award for excellence given in honor of the legacy of Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner.
- 2019/2020 – MAC Museum Art and Cars, Singen Germany. “California Dreamin’ an uncertain paradise” This solo museum exhibition was a forward movement from the Venice Biennale where hyper-wealth in society was questioned and how very small items such as car license plates can now trade for more than 10 million pounds.
2. Final IDON Price Calculation. Due to the real-time value adjustment, the final IDON price for this item shall be confirmed on the date of purchase.
3. User Registration. User onboarding and identity verification is required to create an account and to buy and pay with IDON currency on the Idoneus Platform.
4. Payment Methods. Accepted means of payment are IDON, USD, CHF, EUR, BTC (bitcoin) and ETH (ether), as well as other items of acceptable value.
5. Buying IDON. IDON Tokens can be purchased from Idoneus and third parties. Specific terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Inquire for details.
6. Facilitation Fee. Each transaction on the Idoneus Platform is subject to a 5% facilitation fee.
Fine Art Purchase Policies
Shipping Fees, Taxes and Duties not Included. Prices displayed for items that require shipping do not include shipping fees and any applicable taxes and duties. These are charged to the purchaser of the item. Where applicable, these charges will be collected by the shipping carrier or your country’s local customs office upon delivery.
For more information, please consult the FAQ.
View similar items in our Portfolio