The first and only whiskey of its kind, The Taoscán is the world’s first Port & Chestnut finished whiskey; a unique blend of barrels brought together in perfect harmony. Restoring Irish whiskey to its rightful place as a global leader takes a whiskey of extraordinary character; The Taoscán is that whiskey.
The journey begins with its American Oak Bourbon cask and Sherry Oloroso butt maturation, unveiling vanilla, cedar, musk, and luscious maple syrup notes. However, it’s the innovative finishing touch that defines The Taoscán – split across various barrels for two years. The result? A masterful blend of Virgin Chestnut and Tawny Port casks, setting a new standard in complexity and flavor. This groundbreaking creation marks the world’s first Tawny Port and Chestnut single malt whiskey. Elevating a global icon requires a blend of tradition and innovation. Rooted in the wisdom of the whiskey master’s past, The Taoscán is a tribute to heritage while embracing modern science and experimentation.
In its final stage, The Taoscán spent two years maturing in an array of barrels – Chestnut, Cherry, Mulberry, Sauternes, Amarone, Banyuls, Port, and Riversaults. After careful tasting, the Chestnut and Tawny Port-finished whiskeys shone brilliantly. Blending their distinct journeys in perfect harmony, a uniquely complex flavor and aroma emerged, giving birth to the world’s first Tawny Port and Chestnut whiskey.
With a nod to traditional blending artistry and a touch of 21st-century innovation, The Taoscán embodies the essence of Irish whiskey – smoothness and intricate layers of flavor. Its accolades include a Silver at the World Whiskies Awards, a testament to its exceptional character and craftsmanship
Limited to 4,000 bottles, including a mere 1,000 for the Collector’s Edition, The Taoscán isn’t just a whiskey; it’s an investment. Crafted with creative brilliance and unmatched skill, it stems from a company renowned for winning accolades like the Best Single Malt in Ireland and coveted Master Medals. The Taoscán’s rarity, awards, and exceptional releases make it a future collectable of remarkable value. Numbers 1-1,000, the first releases of The Taoscan, are presented in an elegant clear perspex and walnut wood box, highlighting the elegantly understated luxury of the design. An engraved label displays the number of your bottle, making this a collector’s piece to treasure.
*Supply is extremely limited. Maximum of one bottle per customer.
The Nose: Warm banana bread studded with candied walnut comes to the fore, joined by the rich sweetness of golden syrup and the mellow vanilla of a coke float, balanced out with just a hint of sourness.
The Palate: A rich spice travels through the mid-palate, rounded out with a smooth viscosity that engulfs the whole mouth with an exceptional creaminess. On the back palate, a slightly dry mouthfeel melts into an enveloping luxuriance with warming notes of vanilla, toasted nuts and the joyful memories of campfire s’mores.
The Finish: A medium to long finish of roasted chestnuts and a hint of spice calls to mind the warm embrace of home.
2. User Registration. User onboarding and identity verification is required to create an account and to purchase (with) IDON on the Idoneus Platform.
3. Final IDON Price Calculation. Due to the real-time value adjustment, the final IDON price for this item shall be confirmed on the date of purchase.
4. Payment Methods. IDON is the only accepted means of payment on the Idoneus Platform. If you would like to easily convert fiat currency (such as USD, CHF, EUR) or cryptocurrency (such as USDT, BTC, ETH) into IDON, please check here. Specific terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Inquire for details.
5. VAT, Taxes, Fees & Duties. Applicable VAT, taxes, fees and duties may apply and may be charged in addition to the price stated on the item. These may be charged in applicable local fiat currency (such as USD, CHF, EUR) and be payable via bank transfer or other means.
6. Additional Costs. For certain assets fiat currency payments may be necessary to cover various third-party transaction expenses such as: legal fees, inspections, etc as well as other potential costs that may be due such as: mortgage, loans, operational costs, etc. The costs depend on the location of both the Buyer and Supplier, will be determined on a per transaction and per asset basis, and will be charged directly by the Supplier to the Buyer.
Lifestyle Product Purchase Policies
1. Shipping fees, taxes and duties not included. These are charged to the buyer of the item and will need to be paid in local fiat currency (such as USD, EUR, CHF). Where applicable, these charges will be paid directly to the seller, or collected by the shipping carrier and/or your country’s local customs office upon delivery. Shipping of the item will be agreed and organized directly between the buyer and seller.
2. Idoneus does not accept responsibility or liability for shipment and condition of the item.
3. Legal Age & Permission to Purchase. Clients ordering alcohol, tobacco or other lifestyle products via Idoneus confirm to be of legal age and be legally permitted in their country of residence to make the purchase.
4. Restriction on Cuban Cigars to the U.S.A. Idoneus International AG and associated companies do not sell nor deliver Cuban cigars to clients located in the U.S.A.
For more information, please consult the FAQ.