Thatch Cay is a 237-acre, fee simple, private island located in the US Virgin Islands. Several features of the island include:
- A secluded private paradise as accessible as you want it to be
- 5 miles of shoreline
- Panoramic views in all directions
- Pristine waters
- An untouched landscape
- Potential significant reduction in or exemption from business and personal taxes.
The island is zoned for residential development (R-1 zoning allows for detached single-family and two-family dwellings, with a minimum lot size of ½ acre and a maximum building height of two stories).
The island is currently divided into three parcels, consisting of 57 acres on the western section, 57 acres on the middle section, and 115 acres on the eastern section (which includes the area designated for the dock and also the highest peak, at almost 500 feet). This current division allows for the construction of up to six dwellings (one house and one guest house per parcel). The island is also ideally suited for a very high-end, low-density residential development, creating a unique offering of estate-sized lots with panoramic views and unlimited privacy.
The crystal clear waters surrounding Thatch Cay are ideal for deep-sea fishing, sailboarding, scuba diving, and snorkeling. A renowned dive site off the northwest point highlights archways, tunnels, interesting coral formations, and an abundance of tropical fish.
There are numerous possibilities for the property, including: a family compound, corporate retreat, vacation villas, eco-tourism destination, luxury spa, artists’ studio, etc.
2. User Registration. User onboarding and identity verification is required to create an account and to purchase (with) IDON on the Idoneus Platform.
3. Final IDON Price Calculation. Due to the real-time value adjustment, the final IDON price for this item shall be confirmed on the date of purchase.
4. Payment Methods. IDON is the only accepted means of payment on the Idoneus Platform. If you would like to easily convert fiat currency (such as USD, CHF, EUR) or cryptocurrency (such as USDT, BTC, ETH) into IDON, please check here. Specific terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Inquire for details.
5. VAT, Taxes, Fees & Duties. Applicable VAT, taxes, fees and duties may apply and may be charged in addition to the price stated on the item. These may be charged in applicable local fiat currency (such as USD, CHF, EUR) and be payable via bank transfer or other means.
6. Additional Costs. For certain assets fiat currency payments may be necessary to cover various third-party transaction expenses such as: legal fees, inspections, etc as well as other potential costs that may be due such as: mortgage, loans, operational costs, etc. The costs depend on the location of both the Buyer and Supplier, will be determined on a per transaction and per asset basis, and will be charged directly by the Supplier to the Buyer.
Private Island Purchase Policies
For private islands which are listed for sale, specific and additional terms & conditions may apply. Additional payment of fees in local fiat currency (such as USD, EUR, CHF) via bank transfer or other means may be required to complete a specific transaction. Please inquire for a breakdown of the estimated costs of acquisition of the asset of interest.
For more information, please consult the FAQ.