Can’t find what you are looking for? If you have a significant amount of IDON, BTC, ETH or Fiat currency, discover how the Exclusive Luxury Asset Search Service can enhance your Personal Portfolio.
Peasant in Prayer - Spanish Master XIX cent. (formerly attributed to Francisco Goya)
Title: Peasant in Prayer
Timeline: XIX century
Formerly attributed to Francisco Goya
Size: 29.13x31.49 inches (74x80cm)
Medium: Oil on canvas
Interested in saving 10%?
Inquire now to learn how utilizing IDON can create savings of $2,256.00 on this asset.
* PRICING NOTICES:
- To receive an exact price quote, please send us an inquiry for this item.
- Entertaining offers which include a combination of IDON, Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH) and fiat currency, as well as other items of value.
- Due to the real-time value adjustment, the final IDON price for this item shall be confirmed on the date of purchase.
- Applicable taxes, fees & duties may apply.
For details, see Policies below.
This wonderful ‘Peasant in prayer’ of exceptional expressive intensity was believed for over half a century to be painted by Goya. The attribution dates back to the 1960s and is due to Prof. A. Porcella and his scientific publication for the Pontifical Bolivarian University (available on request). In his expertise, the then President of the National Federation of Experts and Art Critics calls it “a masterly work of Goya [ … ] of an astounding immediacy”, placing it around 1819.
However, the restoration recently carried out by Dr. Daniele Belardo has highlighted some of elements that cast doubt on the attribution. Once the traces of subsequent repainting (such as the Phrygian cap) have been eliminated, a different hand – although of the highest level – appears.
This extraordinary painting still does not have an accredited attribution that makes the experts agree. Nonetheless, the most convincing hypothesis is that it is a masterchief by an anonymous Spanish Master at the beginning of the 19th century.
This piece was owned by a private collector in Rome for over half a century, starting from the beginning of the ’60ies. The chain of ownership is unbroken since then.
The condition report is excellent. A restoration report is also available, along with the original expertise by Prof. Porcella and a copy of his book where the painting was published as a Goya.
2. Final IDON Price Calculation. Due to the real-time value adjustment, the final IDON price for this item shall be confirmed on the date of purchase.
3. User Registration. User onboarding and identity verification is required to create an account and to buy and pay with IDON currency on the Idoneus Platform.
4. Payment Methods. Accepted means of payment are IDON, USD, CHF, EUR, BTC (bitcoin) and ETH (ether), as well as other items of acceptable value.
5. Buying IDON. IDON Tokens can be purchased from Idoneus and third parties. Specific terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Inquire for details.
6. Facilitation Fee. Each transaction on the Idoneus Platform is subject to a 5% facilitation fee.
Fine Art Purchase Policies
Shipping Fees, Taxes and Duties not Included. Prices displayed for items that require shipping do not include shipping fees and any applicable taxes and duties. These are charged to the purchaser of the item. Where applicable, these charges will be collected by the shipping carrier or your country’s local customs office upon delivery.
For more information, please consult the FAQ.
Are you interested in this Painting (Old Masters)?
Find out how to qualify for a 10% discount on this asset!Inquire Now
Make an offer for the owner’s consideration.Make an Offer