Title: Archive V
Year Completed: 2019
Size: 62.99x47.24 inches (160x120 cm)
Medium: Acrylic and Pierre Noire on canvas
Signed by Artist? Yes
Certificate of Authenticity? Yes
Interested in saving 10%?
Inquire now to learn how utilizing IDON can create savings of $3,750.00 on this asset.
* PRICING NOTICES:
- To receive an exact price quote, please send us an inquiry for this item.
- Entertaining offers which include a combination of IDON, Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH) and fiat currency, as well as other items of value.
- Due to the real-time value adjustment, the final IDON price for this item shall be confirmed on the date of purchase.
- Applicable taxes, fees & duties may apply.
For details, see Policies below.
Tara Shakti was born and raised in Madagascar among family artists. She started painting at age of 7 under her brother’s instructions.
She studied at the Drouot Formation in Paris, receiving the “Consultant spécialiste du marché de l’art” diploma in 2018, and the Accademia d’arte di Firenze diploma in 2017. Shakti currently resides and works outside of Paris, France.
Since her first show in 2009, Shakti’s work has been shown in major galleries and institutions throughout the world. Her work has been showcased in France at Château de Mirambeau in France (June 7 -July, 31, 2019), the Carrousel du Louvre (October 20-22, 2017) and on view at the Group Show ArtLigre (2009); In New York at the World Art Fair (June 1-30, 2017), and “Spiritual art Thérèse de Lisieux” (2014); Italy in Roma Group Show “Beauty and Elegance” (February 2017) and her native Madagascar at the Origin Africa exhibit (November 3-5, 2016) and the “Au-delà de l’apparence” (October 18-31, 2016).
Shakti is known for her works that deal with the struggle of empowerment and identity of women in patriarchal societies and the inner struggles of women through the centuries portrayed in transformative series Au-delà de l’apparence and Divine Comédie.
Recently, Shakti focused on the enslavement of women through seen and unseen chains and exertion of the self in the face of human bondage portrayed in her serie “Archives” work (2019-2020). This period of her work provokes thought on how women of all ages, nationalities and faiths have been forced into submissive, subservient and even subhuman roles in society to satisfy the cravings of a domineering male society. There were generations of women who sat in silence and endured these atrocities.
Shakti has received numerous awards and honors in recognition of her cultural achievements. Recently, Shakti has received the Mosaic 2019 exposé award against human trafficking in New York for her series Archives, the Zama Award in Paris (2019) and the Special Prize at Le Carrousel du Louvre in Paris (2017) with her alchemist work “Transmutation”.
“My goal is to raise awareness and ignite conversations about who women are, what they can do and what they will do for gender equality and global justice for all. As art remains one of ways to share thoughts, it is my engagement to stand up for nations of women united. It is a long and difficult journey but it can be done. It takes courage to effect changes in society, and sacrifices must be made. Courage can come from conversations that give people a platform to speak their mind.” – Tara Shakti
2. Final IDON Price Calculation. Due to the real-time value adjustment, the final IDON price for this item shall be confirmed on the date of purchase.
3. User Registration. User onboarding and identity verification is required to create an account and to buy and pay with IDON currency on the Idoneus Platform.
4. Payment Methods. Accepted means of payment are IDON, USD, CHF, EUR, BTC (bitcoin) and ETH (ether), as well as other items of acceptable value.
5. Buying IDON. IDON Tokens can be purchased from Idoneus and third parties. Specific terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Inquire for details.
6. Facilitation Fee. Each transaction on the Idoneus Platform is subject to a 5% facilitation fee.
Fine Art Purchase Policies
Shipping Fees, Taxes and Duties not Included. Prices displayed for items that require shipping do not include shipping fees and any applicable taxes and duties. These are charged to the purchaser of the item. Where applicable, these charges will be collected by the shipping carrier or your country’s local customs office upon delivery.
For more information, please consult the FAQ.
Are you interested in this Painting (Post-War & Contemporary)?
Find out how to qualify for a 10% discount on this asset!Inquire Now
Make an offer for the owner’s consideration.Make an Offer
View similar items in our Portfolio