Title: Archive I
Year Completed: 2019
Size: 62.99x47.24 inches (160x120 cm)
Medium: Acrylic on canvas painting
Signed by Artist? Yes
Certificate of Authenticity? Yes
Tara Shakti was born and raised in Madagascar among family artists. She started painting at age of 7 under her brother’s instructions.
She studied at the Drouot Formation in Paris, receiving the “Consultant spécialiste du marché de l’art” diploma in 2018, and the Accademia d’arte di Firenze diploma in 2017. Shakti currently resides and works outside of Paris, France.
Since her first show in 2009, Shakti’s work has been shown in major galleries and institutions throughout the world. Her work has been showcased in France at Château de Mirambeau in France (June 7 -July, 31, 2019), the Carrousel du Louvre (October 20-22, 2017) and on view at the Group Show ArtLigre (2009); In New York at the World Art Fair (June 1-30, 2017), and “Spiritual art Thérèse de Lisieux” (2014); Italy in Roma Group Show “Beauty and Elegance” (February 2017) and her native Madagascar at the Origin Africa exhibit (November 3-5, 2016) and the “Au-delà de l’apparence” (October 18-31, 2016).
Shakti is known for her works that deal with the struggle of empowerment and identity of women in patriarchal societies and the inner struggles of women through the centuries portrayed in transformative series Au-delà de l’apparence and Divine Comédie.
Recently, Shakti focused on the enslavement of women through seen and unseen chains and exertion of the self in the face of human bondage portrayed in her serie “Archives” work (2019-2020). This period of her work provokes thought on how women of all ages, nationalities and faiths have been forced into submissive, subservient and even subhuman roles in society to satisfy the cravings of a domineering male society. There were generations of women who sat in silence and endured these atrocities.
Shakti has received numerous awards and honors in recognition of her cultural achievements. Recently, Shakti has received the Mosaic 2019 exposé award against human trafficking in New York for her series Archives, the Zama Award in Paris (2019) and the Special Prize at Le Carrousel du Louvre in Paris (2017) with her alchemist work “Transmutation”.
“My goal is to raise awareness and ignite conversations about who women are, what they can do and what they will do for gender equality and global justice for all. As art remains one of ways to share thoughts, it is my engagement to stand up for nations of women united. It is a long and difficult journey but it can be done. It takes courage to effect changes in society, and sacrifices must be made. Courage can come from conversations that give people a platform to speak their mind.” – Tara Shakti
- User Registration. User onboarding and identity verification is required to create an account and to buy and pay with IDON currency on the Idoneus Platform.
- Payment Methods. IDON, USD, CHF, EUR, BTC, ETH, USDT, USDC are accepted means of payment.
- Paying with IDON. Payment in IDON is preferred and may lead to more favorable pricing terms.
- Buying IDON. IDON Tokens will be available directly from Idoneus after user onboarding has been completed. Specific terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- Payment of cash fees. Certain items in the portfolio may require partial and/or additional payment of fees in cash, via bank transfer or other means. This is to cover costs such as local fees and taxes.
- Rental Terms & Conditions. For each rental item in the portfolio specific and additional terms & conditions will apply.
For more information, please consult the FAQ.
Are you interested in this Painting (Post-War & Contemporary)?
Do not hesitate to make an inquiry!Inquire Now
View similar items in our Portfolio